Value of Your Auto Accident Case
One question common to all Maryland auto accident victims is “what is my case worth?” It’s a simple question with a complicated answer–so complicated, that we’re going to spend the next seven or so blog posts breaking it down for you.
Here’s the outline of what we’ll cover:
- Liability (how easy is it to prove that the other driver was negligent and you were not)
- Economic damages (the total of your medical expenses, property damage, and lost wages)
- Non-economic damages (your pain, suffering, inconvenience, and aggravation, etc…)
- Venue/Jurisdiction (the court and location for your case)
- Personal Injury Protection (the amount of no-fault insurance used to reduce your medical expenses)
- Health insurance/medical reductions
- Attorneys’ fees
It’s important to remember that every case is different. Your cousin’s friend may have had an automobile accident, but if any one of these factors is different, it can be difficult to compare them. Ask your lawyer for advice–we’ve handled hundreds of cases, and can compare and contrast the variables. More importantly, we’ll be able to tell you the fair value of your case.